Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Of gelatis and dodgyness....

I had a fair share of encounters with funny people this week…Errr…..guys in particular. I was walking to the bus stop on Monday morning when someone suddenly walks up behind me, so I moved to one side of the sidewalk to let him pass. Instead, he walks alongside with me, and suddenly strikes up a conversation.

Ang-moh fella : Hot day today isn’t it?
Me : ??? (like why you suddenly come and talk to me lahh) Really? No, I think it’s a beautiful day.
Dodgy ang-moh fella : So, you live around here?
Me: Yeah. (at the same time praying that he doesn’t ask me which road)
Really Dodgy ang-moh fella : Really, so you want my phone number?
Me : No.
Really really Dodgy ang-moh fella : (looks abit disappointed) Really? Are you sure?
Me : Yea, I’m sure. No.
Really Really REALLY Dodgy ang-moh fella : Really? I’m single, ya know?
Me : Really? You’re single? Good for you!

He quickly then trots off while I walk off with a big sigh of relief. Oh well, joke of the day.....

I went to pick up a few some groceries from the supermarket among which is honey yesterday. The cashier scanned the bottle of honey, and found that it was sticky. He then said, “Honey, Sticky!”. I just looked at him and said,”Yea”. He then goes on repeating Honey! Sticky! Honey! Honey! Honey! Here I am thinking “you calling me honey is it??!?!" I quickly got my change and left the supermarket.

I’m not in any way making fun of guys yahhh…Sorry if I've offended anyone...

My uni brought Multicultural Week forward to this week which would otherwise be held in September. It’s a whole week where stalls would be set up offering an array of food from different countries like, and also an ice-cream and gelati stall which never fails to show up every year. Every year, I would have ice-cream-every-day-week during M-week. Come rain or shine, cough or no cough, voice or no voice, I would be indulging in my ice-cream(sometimes 2 or 3 a day), feeling the satisfaction of a little girl who gets her ice-cream. This year was no different, gelati yesterday with a friend and gelati today, on the steps in front of the art gallery. Another 2 more days to go!! *GriN*

After dinner today, Eve and I went on a shopping trip…..for free car parks! To our dismay, we found nothing of such which were near to uni where we can park and walk. We concluded that we would end up spending more time walking from the car park to uni than the whole bus trip from home to city. However, I think our trip was quite interesting, we managed to drive into roads that we’ve(or I) never been to. I think it was a great adventure! Conclusion of our trip? Leave the car at home and take the bus…our surburb is still the best!!

Okay okay, enough of adventures and fun for the day…time to get back to my work….

No comments: