WARNING: If you're not an F1 fan, the following will not be of any interest to you!
Harlo! This is Janice here. I'm writing here on behalf of LK because she's too lazy to 'spread the news'. Muahha. Nah, it's just that I have this 'urge' to tell everyone about the last US GP in Indianapolis. It was sooo funny. Well, too bad I didn't stay up to watch the race (exam the next day). I think humour-wise, it surpassed that of the Monaco GP and the Aussie GP a few years ago. Besides, I have never been any happier for Schumi to win!(NB: I'm for Kimi, and no, not because he's cute!)
See, 7 out of 10 teams run on Michelin tyres. But due to safety issues, Michelin advised the teams NOT to race. So yea, since big boss said "Don't race", heeded they did. Well, the issue here is, why didn't FIA just put a chicane in? That would make everyone happy. But NO, they had to be stubborn. Think of all the commercial value that the US GP has lost. Think of the disappointed young F1 fans in the US (the Yankees prefer 'American autoracing' like NASCAR, CART etc...many of them do not know Schumi...to the Americans, America is probably a 'world' on its own!)
Well, at least the minnows, Minardi won some points. But isn't it kind of farcical that it is through these circumstances that the underdogs score points? At least Minardi people make good coffee! Bernie Ecclestone (F1 boss) is fuming right now. Who wouldn't? As a consequence of not participating, Kimi is now trailed by Schumi by only 3 points in the Championship! Yikes! But I wouldn't worry because Ferrari doesn't have what it takes to win this year (Thank you God for answering my prayers! By the way, I used to pray every night for McLaren and Mika to win, hehe). That's why they're concentrating on next year's car, F2006.
I can probably tell you lots of other funny F1 stories. Maybe I should start blogging. Nah...I don't have a penchant for writing. Maybe you're thinking "What's this idiot trying to write anyway?". That's your problem. Muahah. I just wanted to share this REALLY funny story (at least to me anyway). God bless.....
Monday, June 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jan - I thought of you when I saw the news on tv. Heehee..And here you are writing about it.Eeee..spooky.heehee
Post a Comment