So, the long awaited holidays begin, YAY! What have I been up to? Lots of eating to begin with, and today, I FINALLY got down to some tidying, and I found some of my thoughts that I penned down within my first few days of arrival in Adelaide almost 2 years ago. I thought that I’d share it with you guys! =) (you’d read of some familiar names!)
Saturday, 12th July 2003
I overslept and was totally late for my appointment to see the place at Hume St. To make things worse, I lost my way. I had to ask some random person for directions. He was totally nice and looked it up in the street directory. Had a look at the place, nice but not exactly keen on living with strangers and guys. Came back and packed lunch and headed to Barr Smith Lawns and off to Neville and Fran’s place for a bonfire. Some OCF thing. It was a beautiful place, it’s like a farm with cows and a big BIG fire to warm us in the jungle. We had a yummy barbeque. Not bad for my first REAL Aussie meal. We roasted marshmallows and sang songs round the fire and just fellowshipped with the rest. Bonfire was absolutely cool! Went back and called Li Ming and chatted till 1 am.
Friday, 18th July 2003
Woke up pretty early today for a hike at Mount Lofty and a trip to Hahndorf. Met Fong che and the other OCF people at the Barr Smith Lawns and off we went to Mount Lofty. It’s so cold!! The hike began pretty smoothly, continuing with a steep steep descent all the way down!!! Some points where I nearly slipped… We played some games and had a picnic lunch of sandwiches and hiked all the way up!!! I nearly died getting there! Well, I guess the fact that I’m writing this means that I made it back alive! We then adjourned to the summit of Mount Lofty and it was an absolutely spectacular view of Adelaide!! Next, off we went to Hahndorf where we had a taste of Kangaroo salami. We found this quaint little English looking candy shop that sells yummy ice-cream Mmm…!(this was before I tasted gelatis and Baskin Robins not here yet) Gillian sent us back to Central Market where we had a taste of all sorts of cheese and also muscatels (raisins that look like shriveled up grapes in a bunch). Some cheeses don’t taste as good as they look. In fact, they tastes like YUCK. Rotten rubbish! =((I learnt my lesson to not simply put cheese into my mouth and not all free food taste good!) Overall, it was a good experience and there was SOOO much free food!!
These are REAL entries that I wrote 2 years ago, not something that I cooked up from memory last week. The bonfire was my very first contact with people from OCF Adelaide back in the days when I was still a small little girl. =P It’s been awhile! It’s so amazing to just see how time flies and how some things don’t really change. Like how we always ALWAYS meet at Barr Smith Lawns. Hahndorf and Mount Lofty being our favourite Op Welcome destinations. Games always being apart of OCF activities. =) I’ll never forget these experiences of being a freshie in Adelaide who knew nuts about anything. I think some things are better left unchanged....
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's beautiful.
Post a Comment