Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oodles of noodles

My hungry tum tum called for food oh so badly, and suddenly thought of my Maggi-Mee-In-my-mugs at the back of my cupboard which have been neglected for awhile now. The wonderful whiff of the hot instant noodles after a long time felt so nostalgic. Sheer bliss! I think I’ll send an SOS home to send Maggi mee and Cintan mee over!!

It’s amazing how I would give up a nice big lunch to eat Cintan noodles after coming home from school. Also not forgetting all the constant nagging from family members to not eat so much of it cos it’s bad for health(lose hair, no good, cancer, high blood pressure…the list goes on). Hence, instant noodles became sort of a “luxury” to me as I didn’t have the “privilege” of eating it as and when I want to.

Funny how time and circumstances change, now that I can eat ALL the instant noodles without parents nagging, I DON’T. I just feel so sick after stuffing myself with too much of it. It’s just remarkable how some people can solely live on it. (I think it’s that particular brand of instant noodles)

Nevertheless, a nice warm familiar bowl of instant noodles during the icy cold winter while snuggled up under a quilt sure is a great (and cheap) pick-me-up and a great form of homesick food. Missing home? Just have a pack of your favorite instant noodles for a quick fix! Don’t do it too often otherwise it’ll just seem so routine! =P

No comments: