Walking to and from uni had been something I’ve wanted to do for awhile, but never got around to due to procrastination until I saw reports on sunny weather and so I seized the opportunity to explore that.
I’ve discovered so many things, like beautiful flowers, the bird’s nests that is snuggled within the trees, shops that I thought were never there and sights that I didn’t have the time to see when the bus breezed past.
I wouldn’t say that it’s easy to walk that journey has been easy, given that I’m not one who enjoys exercise, and sometimes, the thought of the whole journey itself feels so daunting that I just want to give up and take the bus. I’ve also got those really unpleasant “stitches” that occurs during exercise, where every further step hurts so much. So, what is it that drives me? It’s the money that I save, the exercise that I’ll get, and the pure satisfaction that I’ve managed to walk that distance.
I’ve learnt to enjoy my walks, I use to this time to talk to God, and also to just enjoy what all of God’ creations, the sights of the tree lined roads with the sun’s rays beaming over the trees.
As I was walking one day, I was reminded that this is so similar to our walk with God. He never said that it would be easy, and there are ups and downs. The bigger lesson that I learnt was perseverance. As long as we keep our focus, we will reach our destination, all that we need to do is to persevere. Just like my destination is uni, I just have to walk towards it and not let the interruptions hinder me and uni will be there, so is the same for our walk with God, we must not lose sight of Him and He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Sometimes, the destination does not matter as journeying there, for it what we discover, learn and pick up along the way. Same goes for our walk with God, it’s our walks with Him that we teaches and moulds us.
So yea, it IS good fun walking, I wonder what else He’s going to teach me the next time I leave the bus ticket at home….
Saturday, September 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment