Saturday, September 24, 2005

Expect in Excitement

I woke up feeling excited today, which is something that I haven’t experienced for a long time(kinda like the feeling that you’re leaving for home today sorta thing) Excited at the fact that there was guitar class today, excited that there was OCF today(and I get to hear the wise one speak =P) and also excited because I was going for my very Elder Hall lunch series concert. Basically, I was excited at what God’s about to do and say today and this weekend for Kairos! =)

The concert this afternoon was interesting, more like unusual. It was a jazz concert, with a varied repertoire in different arrangements. I get inspired to learn the piano better when I see the talents that people have, like there was this guy who can imitate the sound of a didgeridoo, and the rest just sing so well, or play music so good!! At the same time, I kick myself hard for not being more serious when I took music classes.

This is also the time of the year where we pack boxes for the Operation Christmas Child. It’s something that I’ve done for the past 2 years and I’ve loved doing it!! You see, Operation Christmas Child is a project by Samaritan’s Purse where people like us pack gifts into a wrapped up shoebox and these boxes get sent to children in the underprivileged countries(e.g., war or poverty stricken) to just tell them that “there is still hope” and “someone cares about you!!” It warms my heart so much to imagine the smiles on the faces of the little children, who have almost nothing.

I didn’t manage to grab dinner before OCF, why? I don’t know, but I thank God that Mr. Gastric didn’t strike. I was SOOO hungry by the time I reached home, and just as I was about to dig into my dinner, God reminded me of those who are going to bed hungry tonight. I thank God for even allowing me to go hungry, which gave me a slight idea of what they experience everynight. I thank Him for all His providence and giving us more than what we need. I'm still hungry now, but it's okay....

Can’t wait for what God has in store for the coming weekend, Kairos. It’s truly a privilege to even be a part of this. Can’t waitttt!!!

No comments: