It was the time of the year….the Christmas pageant last Saturday!!! And, for the first time, I was actually free to go for the pageant. It was more of going for the experience rather than to see Father Christmas or “to usher in Christmas”. The parade started at 9.50 am, but I was told that we’d have to be there at 6.30 am to get a good view, and be there at 7.30 am to get a glimpse of it. Having slept only 3 hours the night before, I woke up groggily at 6.30 to meet Sarah at 7.30 in the city. We then walked around North Terrace and King William Street to find an empty spot considering that it was already 7.45am where we probably can’t get a glimpse of it. To our surprise, King William Street was close to empty and the roads weren’t even blocked!!! Kena con! We decided on a spot on the road divider on King William Street.
Soon after, we were surrounded by lots of noisy little kids, and as soon as the roads were blocked, they started running around and most of them drew on the road with chalk, hopscotch, santa, reindeers, houses, flowers, their family portraits, and my favourite one, kids drawing the outline of their siblings(like what you see on a crime movie) The parade FINALLY reached at 10 something am, by which, I was feeling so sleepy already. I apparently was not the only one, cos there was this boy who was on one of the floats on parade was actually sleeping!! hehehhe The parade was pretty nice, the floats….hrmm….something you’d see on the “pesta bunga” floats at home, just that they’re not as elaborately decorated. I was pretty much more than happy when the parade ended, so that I could go home and sleep.By the time I reached home, my eyes were probably half closed and took a good nap, from 2 to 7 something, and one of the few times where I didn’t hear the phone, door, neighbours and all….(that's how tired i was)
Next year, i'll think i'll just watch it on tv...or not

No comments:
Post a Comment