In my life, I’ve received all sorts of gifts for my birthday, ranging from pjs to watches, to cakes, tops, bags, toiletries, soft toys, books, make up, and the list goes on, not to mention, my aunt getting me half a kilo of ikan bilis(I absolutely love fried ikan bilis that goes with porridge), which wasn’t quite what I had wished for. Of course, at 10, you’d want Barbie dolls, Polly Pockets, or that really cool Hello Kitty water bottle or stationery set and not raw fishy ikan bilis, right?
Last year, I discovered the wonders of the miracle working Jif from a friend who said that about the only cleaning product you need in your cupboard is Jif, which would restore the shine of your tap, kettle or pots, remove the grime on your tiles, erase the stains in the bathtub, melt the grease on your stovetop, and anything else you can possibly think of. It was practically my answer to any of my housemate(KL)’s cleaning questions like :
KL: Eh, need to go down and get the soap to clean the sink la….
LK: No need lah, just try the Jif lah….
KL: Eh, the stove so oily, how ah?
LK: Try Jif lah
KL: This stain so stubborn, how ah?
LK: We’ve still got Jif in the cupboard right?
KL: Aiyo, the pot’s got a layer of black burnt stuff to the bottom of it….chamla, furthermore, the pot doesn’t belong to us….
LK: Oh, just soak it overnight and I’ll scrub it with Jif when I come home from work tomorrow…
KL: Oh okay….like that also can ah?
LK: Can…sure can wan..
KL: Eh, need to clean the kitchen top lah, very dirty….ohhh…don’t tell me, use Jif right? You like Jif so much, your birthday coming in January, I buy you Jif for your birthday lah…
LK: Oh dear me…
That was probably in September/October 2006
Today, we went to pick her up for dinner at a friend’s place, she was hauling this really heavy bag with bottles in it, yeap, you guessed it, not 1, 2, but 4 bottles of Jif!
LK: Wah, so many Jifs…you really bought for me ah?
KL: Yah yah, all for you, your birthday present! Now, you can remember me every time you do your cleaning! (must be the reason for 4 bottles, because a bottle of Jif goes a very long way.)
LK: Thanks……!!! So, once the Jif finish, I got nothing to remember you by!!!
Someone else: Wah…so cheapskate la you……
KL: Eh..Jif’s not exactly cheap you know!
LK: *so honoured* ( I think)
So, I’m now the proud owner of 4 bottles of Lemon Fresh Jif Cream. KL, I appreciate your gift and thoughtfulness, I really do. I’m sure it’ll be really useful. Thanks you very much. It’s by far the most unique present I’ve ever received. It tops the ikan bilis. =) Fer sure
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment