I think there’s just something so magical about rain. Not the torrential thunderstorms of Malaysia, but the slow, but long-lived rain. I like it how the air will be so crisp and fresh after the rain, how the rain cleans everything and how it means new life to plants. I love being all warm and fuzzy snuggled under my nice warm quilt and pjs. I love the whole feeling of it being cold, soggy, wet, and the smell of it, watching the raindrops trickle down the window, the gloominess that comes with it. It brings me back to scenes I’ve seen on tv, like how people would sit by the window of a warm café enjoying their coffee and a book or even people walking on the streets with their big black umbrellas. I just love watching people walking on the streets with their umbrellas from my office window. There’s just something to it, and no, it’s not me laughing at the fact that I’m dry in my office whilst their all outside, wet. Reminds me of scenes of wet foggy London I see in movies.
However, I don't love the rain because it means my laundry not drying. I don't love the rain because it means me getting a wet head and a potential cold after. I don't love the rain because it increases the risk of Miss Klutzy slipping and falling. I don't love the rain because it means going out would mean wet and cold feet, and also thinking twice before going out. I still remember being 5 singing: “Rain rain go away, come again another day. Rain rain go away ‘cause I want to go and play” everytime the sky threatened my play time outside, or my trip to the playgrounds.
Maybe it’s just that I’m so thankful that it’s raining due to the severe water shortage, and not having seen rain for months, or perhaps, I’ve just grown up a little.
It’s the 3rd day of it being so rainy, and its novelty is beginning to wear off. There’s still 6 days of forecasted rain to come. Not going to like it alot longer, but we need it..

No comments:
Post a Comment