Sentimental looking at the prospectus yea? Definately! But they're going too.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Taking a step back in time...
I went through a whole stack of my school textbooks, note books and notes from about 10 years ago, which I would probably never ever refer to again. I decided to throw them all, except for a few which I had put in so much effort. It wasn't easy deciding what to throw, and flipping through all my exercise books brought me so much memories, all from my secondary school to college days. After awhile, I closed both my eyes and just threw out basically EVERYTHING. Big step for me, because had I flip through all of it, I would just feel sentimental and gone back to keeping them.
Later in the afternoon, I found another stack of materials in a plastic bag. It turned out to be a whole lot of university prospectus. All of which I once considered applying to. It brought me back me to the time I had to make a decision on which uni to attend, which would be the best cost wise but would still give me a good education, and whether to pursue a double degree. It was just mind boggling! I was almost at the point of applying to the ones that had prospectus with the most attractive colors and pictures! The other thing I wanted to do was to apply to 10 unis because I had this great fear that my results weren't good enough to be accepted. In the end, I applied to 6, and by the Grace of God, I was accepted into all 6. I chose the one that gave me the best deal, the one that gave me half a year's exemption that saved my parents quite abit. Uni's now done and dusted. Enjoyed my time there every single bit, got more than a tetiery education, I got an education about life and its lessons, and most importantly, all the friends I have made during that time.
Sentimental looking at the prospectus yea? Definately! But they're going too.
Sentimental looking at the prospectus yea? Definately! But they're going too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah... I also went thru the same exercise of sorting old notes from my diploma... and I realised that they were almost the same as my uni notes!! Talk about returning everything to the lecturer..
Post a Comment