Saturday, September 08, 2007

Ikea Freebies!!!!

After walking for abit at the show, we had to sit down and the couch at the Ikea booth was so inviting. Didn’t quite realize that it was the activities central for you to DIY the Ikea products, and this Ikea lady asked “who wants to assemble a stool? You get to keep it!” The last 5 words hit me hard! I’ve been wanting to get a stool because our table has only 2 chairs and when a 3rd person comes over, we always need to get our study table chair out. So I raised my hand and said “Sure! I’ll assemble it!” I volunteered my housemate as I had my eye on something else. I helped a little, but I don’t think I was of much help hiding the screws. Well, the couch was too comfy that I forgot I had the screws.


I had my eye on this cute little box for my housemate to replace the less-pretty-and-quitecrammed ice cream box she uses to keep her stuff. So, after assembling and disassembling the stool, I thought I’d try my hand at assembling the Ikea box plainly because my housemate has been keeping all her baking tools in a less pretty ice cream box. She had to come help me in the end. I think it was easier assembling the stool than the box. It's a good thing she told them that I'm an Ikea buff, otherwise.....

We got to keep both, but it wasn’t quite easy walking around with a round plank and 4 stool legs and a box =) Oh yes, we got the 2008 Ikea catalogue too!

3 cheers for Ikea!


No comments: