Part of my experiment for my baking project coming up soon, I attempted making some biscottis which literally mean "twice baked". Apparently, biscottis keep well for a long time and used to be taken as food ration by soldiers and explorers.It certainly isn't the easiest "quick mix and pour" type of recipe around. There are afew steps to it, and I think the mixture is alittle tempremental. It turned out okay.
It was full of flavour, and not being too sure of how REAL biscotti should taste like, I bought a piece from the local Italian cafe (just to have a taste) and asked my workmates to taste and give me their opinions (of course, identifying both of it only as 1 and 2). They liked mine better! It was quite amusing watching my friends trying to bite off a chunk of it and I was afraid of it breaking their teeth. Honestly, I thought that it should have been alittle softer, but was told that's how it's meant to be.
Nevertheless, I think flavour was yummy and a refreshing, compliments the warm weather with it's zesty zing. But then again, I'm probably alittle biased ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment