This dish combines the wonderful flavours basil and sundried tomatoes. The sausages give a meaty flavour to the dish. Great as a main or cold salad for a barbacue on a warm summer's day.
I used Penne instead of spaghetti or fettucine because I find that sauces simply slide of the latter. Spirali is also a good option.
Pesto Pasta (serves 4-5)
375g Penne pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
2 chorizos
250 g mushrooms
100g sun dried tomatoes
4-5 heaped tbsp of pesto (see below)
grated Parmasen
salt and pepper
salt and pepper
Slice the sausages, mushrooms and onions
Cut the sundried tomatoes into two if the pieces are too big
Boil pasta until only almost al-dente and drain
(the heat from frying will cook the pasta further)
Heat up pan and fry onions for half a minute and add sliced sausages
Allow the sausages to fry in its own oil
Add mushrooms and fry until a little soft
Add the drained pasta and sun dried tomatoes
Reduce heat, add in pesto, salt and pepper to taste
Fry until well combined
Remove from heat and add grated Parmasen just before serving (optional)
Serve warm or cold
I started off by making my own pesto, and I almost was on the verge of buying the bottled ones from the store because I don't have a food processor which I can leave the cover open whilst it's running, and pine nuts are too expensive and doesn't have a distinctive taste.
Simple Basil Pesto
1 1/2 cups of Basil leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup toasted almonds
A pinch of salt and pepper
Wash the basil leaves, and coarsely cut them
Peel the garlic cloves.
Blend all the ingredients together
Use the pulse function to achieve a coarse blend
Keeps in the fridge for about a week or months in the freezer

1 comment:
eh, chef!
where's the guinea pig's review?? =)
Post a Comment