It reminded me of the days of when I was a kid, and my dad would put me on his shoulders and take me for a 'joyride' around our tiny little garden. That was really fun and at 5, I had complete confidence that my dad's shoulders wouldn't give way. I was on top of the world =)
We took a family holiday to the UK when I was 12, and we watched the ever famous Change of Guards at the Buckingham Palace. Needless to say, we were drowned in the sea of people and it didn't quite help that most of the people are Westerners who are much much taller than us Asians and of course this little 12 year old Asian girl. Thankfully, my parents are quite tall. My dad said he'll piggyback me so that I'd get a better view and this time, I was abit worried that my dad would have a sore back, or a broken shoulder as I've grown a fair bit. I still took up the offer, but I was looking for something to hold on to, for balance, and instinctively, I held on to dad's face.
And then dad called out, "Eh, don't cover my eyes, I can't see!" =P

No comments:
Post a Comment