Saturday, November 10, 2007

Honey Mustard Dressing

With the warm weather these days, I've thought salads would be nice and refreshing, but paying $7 for a bowl of greens just doesn't seem too worth it, so I've been my own veggies, usually baby spinach, tomatoes, grated carrots, chopped up celery and cucumbers. However, I don't have a dressing to go with it, and I've been eating it either plain or just with flavoured tuna.


Walking through the supermarket aisles today, I thought of buying a honey mustard dressing, which would be nice. I took it home, opened the jar, and plonked a heaped spoonful onto my greens and started eating. It was HOT! I took a second look at the jar and realised I had actually bought "Honey Wholegrain Mustard" and in fine print it was written "Use to make honey mustard dressing...." No wonder!


I made the dressing, and it was YUM! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to my salad lunches!
Honey Mustard Dressing

1/4 cup mayonaise
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
Adjust the amounts above according to your liking.
Store in a container in the fridge.
Dress your favourite salad or use as a finishing touch with fish or chicken!

No comments: