Thursday, December 27, 2007

Elevator Encounter

I was stuck in the lift. I was trying to get to the ground floor of my apartment to head to work. I got in, the door shut, and the lift didn’t move. That was it. I panicked a little, thinking if I should press the alarm button for help, but my pride didn’t allow me to. What if the solution was just to press the “open door” button? I’ll look like a dork.

So, I scanned my key pass, pressed all the buttons, some lit up, but the lift didn’t budge. That was it. I thought I was going to be stuck there forever. Then I remembered the TV shows, where the hunky firemen would pry open the lift doors and save the people. I’ve got no muscles, but I tried to pry open the door, it’s a lot harder than it looks. Instead, it clipped my thumb in between and the doors and reset the lift and down it went.

I was late for work. I told my team leader that I was stuck in the lift. His response? “Oh, that’s a new one. People usually say their bus was late”

1 comment:

STEFFI said...

Hahaa....this is so funny. Not so much because of the circumstance that you were in, but the way you phrase your thoughts in the blog. Hahaa... that's eventful!